The Cannon (Artillery, Entrance courtyard is located in the North – Western part of the fortress and is adjacent to the West wall. Originally,it was built as a single – shaped housing attached to the Kreml wall. Now,it consists of four buildings, restored in different periods.
Appearance complex in Kazan Kreml dates back to the late XVII century, on the location of the Arsenal and the Khan's guard. Making it single – storey brick buildings formed a large foundry yard. During the XVII and XVIII centuries, it was made, repaired and kept the heavy weapon. The complex consisted of the main building, located along the Big (main) street, the Kreml and the two buildings adjacent to it and limiting the yard from the North and South. The entrance to the area was through a travel tower in the center of the main building. This period is represented at the present time the South building and the archaeological remains of the industrial buildings within the existing main building.
At the turn of XVIII – XIX centuries the Main building is rebuilt, following changed direction according to a regular plan 1768 the Great outdoors. The building retains the original composite design with gates, cutting a two-storeyed Central volume, a symmetrical one – story wings on the angles built two – storey tower. In the early nineteenth century. the Gun factory was one of the largest in the country, its reconstruction was carried out with the direct participation of well-known engineer Betancourt, the author of the project Manege in Moscow, located near the Moscow Kremlin. In 1812, built a new building (West), adjacent to the Kreml wall. Here are the new forge. In 1815 in the fortress there was a fire, which affected all of the Kreml buildings, including Cannon yard, after which the production of weapons in the Kreml stops. This period is currently presents the Main and West buildings.
In 1825, the former Arsenal and foundry buildings are being restored for School battalion of military cantonists, producer of works was appointed provincial architect Schmidt. Reconstruction of the complex completed in 1837. Preexisting significant difference of elevation of the courtyard was planned ledges, buildings repaired, reconstructed Northern facade of the complex, built a new two – storey building, which formed part of the South wing, between the Main building and the building of the XVII century. In 1866 the School building military cantonists passed just opened in Kazan infantry Cadet school. The project of the provincial architect – N. Gricevich is the adaptation of buildings for school. In 1878 by the military engineer – Fedorov expanded and built the North building.
Tue – Thu, Sat, Sun: 10.00 – 18.00
Box office: 10.00 – 17.00
Friday: 12.00 – 21.00
Cashier: 12.00 – 20.00
Dear friends, pay your attention, to the fact that the time and days of work of "The Museum Cannon court" can change, so before visiting it we recommend you to call +7 (843) 567 – 81 – 61.